- This event has passed.
Trash + One Large Item Pickup
Normal junk pickup consists of hot water heaters, washers, dryers, dishwashers, couches, chairs. Coffee / end tables, boxed toys, garage items, tools, grilles, bicycles, lawn mowers, refrigerators* etc. The following is a general guideline of what is NOT ACCEPTABLE for junk pickup of “normal’ household solid waste.
- Demolition / construction material… studs, drywall, sinks, tubs, toilets. A dumpster is required for construction, renovation , redecorating. Cabinets must be broken down to small pieces no longer than 4-5′. If items can fit into a 90 gal ID cart they are acceptable.
- Large amounts of fencing …a few planks may be ok if no longer than 4-5ft. in length…must be tied and bundled for pickup. No concrete… blocks, bricks etc.
- No liquids of any kind…paint, thinners, pesticides household cleaners, motor oils, fuels. Wet paint canbe ‘solidified’ with kitty litter or granular absorbent material from automotive supply stores.
- No medical bio-hazards…sharps, chemo diapers, oxygen tanks.
- Lawn mowers must have gas tanks removed and broken down as much as possible.
- Gas grilles are acceptable… with no propane tanks of any kind…grilles must have tank removed and broken down as much as possible.
- Swing sets and basketball goals must be broken down as much as possible… no pieces more than 4-5ft long… no concrete on legs or base.
- Mailboxes cannot be more than 4-5′ long and no concrete on base.
- No large car parts…fenders, hoods, trunk lids etc. No tires of any kind.
- *Freezers, refrigerators, air conditioners – must have Freon / refrigerant captured and removed by certified HVAC technician and unit tagged for acceptable pickup. Freon is considered hazardous waste.
- No landscaping material such as…logs, railroad ties, landscape timbers or concrete blocks. NO dirt, sod.
- No yard waste material…no fire logs, stumps, shrubs etc.
DO NOT PLACE ITEMS IN BLUE ID CONTAINER FOR PICK-UP